What tests are required as part of the program?
- Lesson, unit, and semester assessments
- SBAC Testing (Grades 3-11)
- Physical Fitness Test (Grades 5, 7, and 9)
How are grades awarded?
University Prep uses the following grading scales to evaluate the progress of K-5 students at the end of the school year:
- M (Mastery): Student has reached 90-100% completion of course
- S (Satisfactory): Student has reached 75-89% completion of course
- I (Incomplete): Student has reached 0-74% completion of course
Students who enroll after the start of school or who have special needs will work with their teacher to determine appropriate progress expectations for the school year.
For grades 6-8 and high school students, grades will be determined based on how they perform on teacher-graded assignments within each course. Teacher-graded activities include the following:
- Practice Lessons
- Web Explorations
- Journal Entries
- Class Discussions
- Fieldwork for certain subjects